Tuesday, July 6, 2010

BR-13 Helen Keller



I read “Helen Keller”. Do you know her? She is so famous person. If you don’t know about her, you should know. I have known her since I was 10years old. I read a book witch was written about her. I was surprised and I respect her.

 

Five-year-old Helen Keller lived in a world of silence and darkness. Deaf and blind, Helen used simple hand movements to ask for her mother or food. However she couldn’t always tell people what she wanted. Her mother, Kate and her father, Arthur Keller thought about how they could possibly help their daughter. One day, Anne Sullivan came to the Keller’s house. The next day, Anne gave Helen a doll. Anne began to teach Helen. Meanwhile, Helen continued to misbehave. Anne knew the Keller disliked the way she made Helen obey, any told them a change was needed. Anne could finally teach her without Helen’s parents around. Teacher kept spelling words into her hands and she struggled to understand what the words meant. After that, Helen wanted to learn words more. She learned a lot of words and she had experienced a lots. She could become as same as a normal parson. She became very famous woman.

 

How do you think about her? She makes us happy. This story is good for children and the others. When I heard this story, I decided to study more. I’m majoring in English so I have to study it harder. I want to speak English well and I want to make a lot of friends who are foreign students.

(262 words)

Scott R. Welvaert. (2006). Helen Keller. Minnesota: Usborne.


No comments:

Post a Comment