Friday, July 16, 2010

BR-11 Androcles and the Lion

I read “Androcles and the Lion” today. Do you know this story? I did not know this before. You should try to read this book when you have times. Because I became like this story and the Lion is so cute.

 

A long tome ago, there was a man called Androcles and he was so poor. But he was so kind. Androcles warked for a rich man named Brutus. He lived in a big house outside the city of Rome. He made his slaves work hard. Everyday, Androcles scrubbed steps, Mopped floors, made beds, cooked foods, served meals and washed pots. He works so hard, but Brutus never paid him. All Androcles got was one piece of dry bread a day. One night, He decided to run away and he ran into the forest. In the forest, he heard a loud noise from behind a bush. There was an enormous lion. Androclesran ran but the lion didn’t run after him. Androcles was surprised and he went back. The lion needed help and Androcles helped the lion. So the lion became love him. This friendly will be useful for his life in the future. You can know what happened after this if you read this book.

I was surprised at their friendly. They are so good friend. And the lion is so cute and nice. I want to see lions such the lion. I like animals and I want to zoo in summer. I want to watch a lot of amimals. (250words)


Russell Punter. (2008 ). Androcles and the Lion. London: Usborne.

 

1 comment:

  1. Did Androcles fight with Brutus?
    I'm curious what happened next! ;)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete