Monday, April 12, 2010

Essay 1-01a Dear host family

My name is Yukari. I’m 19 years old. I was born in Kumamoto. There are four people in my family. My parent’s names are Masanori and Yumi, and my brother’s name is Kazuki. My father is a banker, and he doesn’t live in my house because his job. He lives in Ashikita now. He comes buck to my house every weekend. My brother lives in Kyoto and has been there for five years. He is a student at Kyoto University. He is very smart and funny. I respect him. My mother and I live in Kumamoto now. My mother is good at cooking. I have good time with her.
I’ll introduce my hometown, Jyozan. Jyozan, is a beautiful and quiet place. Jyozan is a beautiful city that is surrounded by fields and mountains. Jyozan is covered with rich greenery. In the evening, the western skies are aglow with the setting sun. At night, I can watch a lot of stars in the sky. Jyozan is in the country, so it is very quiet. I can listen to the sounds of bells ringing in the fall. I can relax to there. I love my city and the people.
I have a lot of hobbies. Traveling is one of my hobbies. Last summer, I went to Kagoshima with my friend. I had a good time at there. I made a plan to go to Kyoto in this spring vacation. Kyoto is a symbol place of Japanese culture. There are a lot of sightseeing places. I want to travel not only all over Japan but also all over the world. My other hobbies are cooking and eating. I like cooking as well as eating. I take instruction of cooking from my mother. I want to be a person who can cook various dishes. For example Italian, Western, Chinese and Japanese. If I have an opportunity to make dishes for you, I’ll make the local cuisines of Kumamoto. I like to eat and I am not fussy about food at all. I want to try many dishes of the foreign countries.
I have a dream to be a teacher. I want to teach English for children and tell them that English is very interesting. I want to teach them from my experience, so I have to have wide experience. I will learn a lot of things and enjoy studying English.
I’m very glad to stay at your house and I’m looking forward to meet you. (411 words)

4 comments:

  1. My hobby is travel too. What place will you want to go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father is banker, too!!
    And he doesn't live in my house!!:)

    What do you like foods?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Jyozan, because my high school is near there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like eating too. where is your favorite restaurant?

    ReplyDelete